The Kitchen Bath Collection STL-75 wall mount range hood operates at three different speeds with a maximum CFM of 412. It is shipped along with a two-piece adjustable chimney with sleek curved edges. The chimney sleeves sit very well and the three sides of the chimney have no visible welded seems.
This range hood features a flexible aluminum duct that is easy to attach to a wall or ceiling and it comes with two aluminum micro-cell grease filters that can be cleaned in your dishwasher. It is constructed of high quality 304 stainless steel and also included are charcoal carbon filters if you opt for a ductless installation.
This 30-Inch Wall-Mounted Stainless Steel Range Hood also features two LED lights (49 bulbs each) for extra kitchen illumination. Operation is simple with a touch screen display. This piece is perfect for adding a wow factor to a redesigned or newly constructed kitchen and it will look great in any decor scheme.
What I personally love is not just the range hood, but also the company behind and their policy of putting the customer first. In the past, the bulbs were placed at the back of the range, but after listening to customers they've moved the lights to the front which greatly increases cooktop luminence.
If you look into the product specifications, it clearly states that it is your responsibility to ensure that a 412 CFM range hood is sufficient for your cooktop and that you should calculate your CFM requirements before you buy it. This isn't just a nice gesture, failure to do so may void your warranty.
Overview on the Features
- Dimensions: 29.5” Width X 19.7 “ L X 9.8 + (7.7 - 35 chimney extension)” H.
- Weight: Approximately 35 pounds.
- Voltage: 120 V / 60 Hz.
- 412 CFM motor
- It’s got a 6 inch circular duct and the ventilation goes up through the ceiling or from the back through the wall.
- ETL listed - compliant with the US and Canada safety standards.
- Comes with a plug
- It comes with two LED lights, each with a wattage of 1.5 W.
- KBC does not sell additional chimney extensions.
What Makes It One of the Best?
- 49 tiny LED bulbs on each of the front lights. This is bright, maybe too bright for some.
- Very silent operation even at the highest speed (max sound level of 58db).
- The charcoal filters are included in the pack, this could be a pro or a con depending on whether you're installing it ductless or ducted. Maybe, they should make it an accessory and further decrease the price of the base model.
- The model as a whole is constructed from 304 stainless steel and is built to last.
- Aluminum micro cell grease filters are very efficient when it comes to trapping grease and fumes. The grease filter is also dishwasher friendly.
- The adjustable telescopic chimney is not only easy to adjust, but it has no visible weld seams on either of the three sides, which is a plus considering aesthetics.
- A flexible aluminum duct is included.
- Delayed shut off is a default setting. The first power off touch activates the delayed shutoff, another tap and it's switched off instantly.
- 1-year manufacturers defect warranty. Note that use of the product with an incompatible stove, one that would require a higher CFM could void your warranty. Also, please confirm that this warranty still stands and is applicable to you before you buy.
Listen to the Fan and the Beeps
Features I Don't like About It
- The lights are extremely bright and can be straight in the eyes of someone who isn't tall. Unfortunately, there is no dimmer option nor a way to direct them to the back.
- You may need more mounting brackets than what you're provided with. The range hood does remain attached to the wall with what's given, but personally, I'd use extra mounting brackets available at any local store to fasten it firmly to the wall. Without the extra brackets, it is possible that the hood vibrates when in the highest mode of operation.
- The touch sensor to turn the light on and off has a rather loud beep.
The Fan, Lights and Controls in Operation
I Would Buy It If:
- I needed a bright cooktop.
- I was looking for a range hood that operates well for at least 6-7 years, if not more.
- I had a tight budget.
- I wanted a range hood that looks classy.
- Customer support was important to me.