Golden Vantage is a fairly young brand of home appliances (it was founded in 2011). You will be happy to know, though, that this doesn’t undermine the quality of their products. For instance, they offer high-end beautiful looking range hoods at affordable prices. And, perhaps even more important, they do their best to guarantee a safe purchase to customers.
How? Well, they make sure their customer service is always responsive and helpful, in case you need to replace something or report any other issue (this is quite important for a manufacturer that sells exclusively online). In addition to that, they include a 3-years warranty on limited parts for all their products. But, as always, please confirm warranty information before you make a purchase.
Overview on the Features
- Dimensions: 29.5” Width, 23.5” Length, 42.5” Height.
- Weight: 73 pounds.
- Voltage: 120 V / 60 Hz.
- Air flow capacity: 343 CFM.
- Material: stainless steel (body), and tempered glass (canopy).
- Grease is trapped by a 1-piece, multi-layered aluminum mesh filter.
- At 343 CFM, the noise produced is below 65 dB.
- Ideal for ceilings between 8 and 9 feet tall, and because of the unique design and telescopic chimney, it works well for varied ceiling heights. The chimney consists of two 19.5” pieces each.
- The fan features three levels of speed, which can be regulated with a touchscreen control.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty, but only for limited parts.
- It is ETL compliant.
- It has 4 LED lights, 1.5 watts each.
- The good news is that it can be used ductless (with carbon filters) for homes without ventilation options. (The carbon filters, though, are not included and must be purchased separately.)
- The bad news is that there is no plug option, so the range hood must be hardwired, or a plug needs to be bought separately.
- The clock display comes only with 24-hour military time.
What Makes It One of the Best?
- It looks pretty damn good. Even its grumpiest critics have to agree on this. Its sleek and shiny stainless steel design is a joy to the eye, especially for this price range. Trust me; it will give you something to talk about when you invite your guests over!
- A few customers may have been disappointed by the bluish color of the LEDs, but everyone agrees on this: the lights work great. There are two 6” strip lights in the front section and two in the back, so the whole stove area is well lit. You won’t ever have to struggle again to see your food when cooking at night.
- With a maximum airflow of 343 CFM, the RH0175 model gets the job done quite well. Customers are very happy with its suction, overall agreeing that it’s a great aid for removing smells and byproducts of their cooking.
- Besides, for its power (up to 343 CFM), it seems to be quiet enough for most customers.
- A ductless option is available. If you don’t have a chance to duct outside for some reason, you will be happy to have an alternative. However, bear in mind that, if you have a gas cooking range, you will need to ventilate your kitchen somehow, either ducting out or keeping your window open at times.
- This Golden Vantage comes with a 3-year warranty for limited parts. Which isn’t an absolute rarity for this kind of product, but it’s always good to have that little extra peace of mind. In addition, people that had to deal with customer service have said that the manufacturer has been responsive and helpful. So you can rest assured that if anything goes wrong, you won’t be left on your own!
Features I Don't like About It
- Oh boy, the instructions are a mess. Let’s face it, installing a range hood is never going to be an easy game. Yet all customers agree on this: Golden Vantage makes it even harder than it should, with their vague and unclear manual. Perhaps it is time to hire a technical writer?
- At the same time, installing this model is not a job for everyone. First, you need to have a minimum of 2 or 3 people working on it (some even used 4) because of its weight; and second, you will most likely need professional help if you are not an expert. Many customers, in fact, say that this is above the DIY level. People have installed range hoods using jacks for help, so that’s always an option when hoods are too heavy.
- That touchscreen isn’t as sweet as it looks. Several customers had issues with their touch experience. For some it wasn’t responsive enough, some struggled understanding all the functions, while others would have simply preferred conventional buttons.
- The clock won’t be your friend. Ah, another huge disappointment for many: you’ll have to survive without your dear standard time. Unfortunately, the clock only comes with the 24h military time.
- Frequent imperfections or small damages. As an unpleasant surprise, many customers found dents of some sort on the surface of their models. These were actually under the protective film and packages, which makes it plausible to think that the damage was done at the origin, by the manufacturer or on the original shipment to the Amazon warehouse. Luckily enough, all the customers who reported the damage found the customer service to be very supportive, so they were able to replace the damaged parts in the end. Still a major inconvenience though.
- And last but not least, there is no plug option. You will need to hardwire this appliance, or attach it to a plug.
I Would Buy It If:
- I need a good-looking, functional, and affordable island range hood.
- I want that little extra piece of mind in my purchase, because of the warranty and of the helpful customer service.
- Using a touchscreen interface (rather than the more traditional buttons) wasn’t a problem. Otherwise, there are many options very similar to this model, even from the Golden Vintage brand. You can begin your search by looking at all our island range hoods.
- I was an expert, or I was planning to have my range hood installed by a professional, as the instructions are far from great and the job isn’t easy.
- I am looking for a product that isn’t too noisy.
- I am ok with the 24 h military time, or not particularly bothered by it.