This is what you could expect when you install the Akdy AZ63175S. The home on the left has the chimney extension attached.
What Makes It One of the Best?
- Decent stainless steel construction (18 gauge), could be better but it's good enough.
- A warranty of 3 years on major parts, you could always purchase the extended warranty too.
- It's perfect if you're on a tight budget but need a quality range hood – good value for money.
- They have excellent customer support and it's not a hassle to obtain replacement parts.
- One look at it and you're going to assume that it's a top brand and expensive model. It has the capability of being the focal point of your kitchen.
- Product lifespan is further increased as the fan blades are protected from corrosion with a Teflon coat.
- You can easily adjust the height of the telescopic chimney.
Installation - Replacing an Existing Undercabinet Range Hood
A picture of the walls before installation of the Akdy and after the removal of an old under cabinet range hood and the supporting cabinet.
A view of the kitchen with the installed range hood after installation and the kitchen renovation.
It's Not a Range Hood Without Problems
- The beeps! God that thing is loud, especially at nights when it's silent all around. It's like those beeps we have on microwaves. The beeps are heard when you toggle the light, timer, and speed.
- Really dim lights. Do not depend on these lights to light up your cooktop. What's worse is the manual says you should not install higher wattage bulbs that what's included. So you've got no option here but to live with it.
- Installation is not difficult per se. But it would be a lot better if the installation instructions were clear.
- Do NOT trust the time on this range hood. This range hood somehow manages to wind its clock back a minute every hour. So after 24 hours you're going to be a whopping 24 minutes behind!
Really Dim LED Lights
A view of the LED light of the model. Its got a really low wattage.
I Would Personally Buy It, If:
- I was looking for a range hood to duct outside, it's not the best option if you're looking for a recirculating range hood. Not that it's bad. It's amazing, just that I would prefer to buy the KBC STL75 in this case. But the Akdy is also good if you have your mind set on this model, don't break a sweat about it.
- I do not fry stuff a lot and there's not a lot of oily fumes from the food I cook. Because if I were frying, I would have to run the fan at the highest speed. It's not too loud, but not silent either.
- I have good lighting in my kitchen and do not depend on my range hood for lighting. If your cooktop is going to be shadowed by the range, you would either have to relocate the light or opt for a range hood with brighter lights.
- I wanted a range hood that looks pricey.
- I have a limited budget and want the best bang for the buck.
- Customer service is important to me and I intend to use the range hood for many years to come.
If you do need to purchase additional chimney extensions you could contact Akdy via Amazon (or wherever you are buying the range hood from) and tell them that you would like to buy the extension. They should then be able to ship it to you. For some reason, the extension is not always directly listed as a product or an add-on.
|Dimensions|| 18.9" X 30" X 41.7"
|Circulation Type|| Ducted & Recirculating
|Telescopic chimney||For 8 to 8.5-foot ceilings (can be extended)|
|Ducting inner diameter||6"|